Ok, so I finally broke down and decided to buy some "more comfortable" jeans! I've been doing the elastic band thingy around the button of my pants to allow for that extra breathing room for my just barely larger tummy! I can still do up my jeans, but when I sit down it is pretty uncomfortable. So I went to the store Motherhood with my Mother and tried some maternity pants on.........Holy Camoly it was like slipping into a puffy white cloud that perfectly cradled my budding belly! Ok, so that last line was pretty lame, but at least you'll sort of get the mental picture I was trying to achieve! I love my "fat pants" in fact, I think that everyone at any time in their lives (including men) should be able to wear "fat pants"! So if any of you that are reading this are sick of the binding waistline that your current jeans are offering, I encourage you to go get some "fat pants"!
When I went into the dressing room at Motherhood it took me a second to figure out what the black strappy thing was that was hanging from one of the hooks on the wall...it was a fake belly pillow.....weird huh! I did try it on with one shirt, and took a picture and texted it to Clint - I won't write what he wrote back as it was not G rated, but needless to say, he was surprised!
On a side note, for those of you in Iowa....As I was walking through the University Mall in Orem I was approaching an Ultimate Fighting kiosk. I made eye contact with the guy working at the kiosk and I knew I knew him, but couldn't place him anywhere in my recent past! I walked up to him and he had a giant grin on his face, he put his hand out to shake mine and when we shook hands I said "ok, I know you and I know you very recently, but i'm drawing a blank" then the guy with black bracelets, an ultimate fighting t-shirt and a faux-mohawk replied "I served my mission in Iowa, I'm Elder Blake"! Well, no wonder I couldn't place him anywhere, last time I saw him he was wearing a black suit and tie with a missionary name badge! For those of you running through all the elders to remember which one he was, he served with the tall Canadian and was the one that did the bets about which elders team would win (team A - a hippo, great white shark, lion and a buffalo or Team B - elephant, tiger, rhino and a boa constricter, etc...) Anyway, he's been home for 3 months and is doing very well. FYI - Don't worry about the mo-hawk, it wasn't extreme, I'm sure he's still got his temple recommend!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not all dogs love water!
Dory getting a bath - she's not angry, she just got some water in her nose and she's trying to snort it out! FYI this picture was taken back in SLC over 3 years ago, but she still feels the same way today! I don't know why I chose to share this with you, but for lack of something better to post, since nothing terribly exiting is happening in my life, I thought this would suffice for now!

6 comments:
That is so hilarious. You have convinced me to go out and buy some "fat pants" Mine are driving me crazy, I am either pulling up my pants or pulling my shirts down, I swear sometimes I wish we could pop these kids out in 3 months instead of 10, what is up with that, almost a year of being a carriage for another human being. YUCK! I'm sure I'm making you very excited to be pregnant, sorry, I've had one of those days.
I love the Elder Blake story, it is so him to be dressed like that, I love it. I'll have to tell Alan and the Wall's.
So good to hear from you, but I want to see some pictures...of anything. Can't wait to see you. Are you still coming for Graduation?
I don't think you should call them "fat pants" because for 1) you're not fat and 2) "preggo pants" sounds much better. It gives the pants a purpose, a meaning. Calling them "fat pants" demeans them.
Cute I can't wait to see a picture of the "fat pants" with a growing baby inside!
Bring on the uber stretchy pants! Even when I have this baby and hopefully lose the tons of baby weight I have managed to pack on, I still may live in my maternity pants just for the heck of it. And for $40 a pair, I'm might as well get my moneys worth.
Hi Clint & Becca. This is Carli Mecham (Johnson). I came across your blog through Bree's blog. I am excited to hear that you are expecting, it's about time you two had a baby! LOL! Anyways, We should get together sometime, Sean would love to see his old pal Clint again. You can check out our blog at Ironwolfclan.blogspot.com
P.S. I can remember feeling the same way about maternity pants!
Becca you need to update the blog! I would love to hear how you guys are doing. Do you have any names picked out yet?
Post a Comment