Hey, it's me! Yep, I know! I just like to keep you in suspense for when I'll post again! I really suck at blogging! Anyhow, let me give you the "Cliff's Notes" since the last post in March! Clint and I bought a house trailer in late April and hauled it up here to Star Valley from Logan, Utah. It is a sweet little 1967, 70x14 ft. beauty. It's comfy and best of all - cheap! With school loans coming due in October, a business loan and a building payment to make, it's nice to not worry about a house payment as well! Best part is, the way I see it, we can only move up from here...(unless we have to move into our "little loafer" which is a not so roomy 10x6!).
Anyhow, Clint was convinced that I would go over my due date, which was May 15th, so he spent most of the weeks leading up to the birth of our son working up in Wyoming getting the trailer ready, while I stayed in Utah with my big belly! I convinced him that he should come down to Utah a few days before my due date so that we could get all the last minute stuff done! Clint came home late in the evening on May 9th, it was approximately 8:00pm. We went to bed around eleven and I woke up with cramps and had to pee really bad around 1:00 am. My night consisted of getting up about every half hour with cramps, so I'd see them through and go back to sleep. At 5:00 am, I woke up to what I assumed was either my water breaking, or I was peeing my pants! At 6:00 am I woke up Clint and informed him that my water had definitely broken and that I was going to call the Hospital. We arrived at the hospital at around 8:00 am, the nurse checked me and said that since my water had broken the doctors required me to be on pitocin, to which we said no, but she insisted that it was policy and we didn't have a choice. Not knowing better, we accepted this and they put me on pitocin around 9:30. I made it to about 1:30 that afternoon and dilated to about a 6, on the pitocin without an epidural. My breathing and leg rubbing was no longer paying off and the nurse said my window of opportunity for an epidural was closing, I bit and gave in for the drugs!
After pushing for a little over 2 hours, our beautiful little boy arrived, weighing in at 8 lbs 13 oz and 21" long. To be honest, nursing was hell for about 5-6 weeks, but the good news is, nipples do grow back, and nursing is now that "wonderful time of bonding" like all the books said it would be! This is turning more into a novel, but I'll sum up the rest...
We moved everything up to star valley when Tommy was about 7-8 weeks old. We have been getting ready to open up our office since then and we had our first new patients on thursday! If life is as crazy for you as it is for me right now, you have read as much as you have time for. I'll try to start posting weekly, "try" being the key word!!! Lots of love and thanks for taking interest in me and my life!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not all dogs love water!
Dory getting a bath - she's not angry, she just got some water in her nose and she's trying to snort it out! FYI this picture was taken back in SLC over 3 years ago, but she still feels the same way today! I don't know why I chose to share this with you, but for lack of something better to post, since nothing terribly exiting is happening in my life, I thought this would suffice for now!

3 comments:
Thanks heavens for the post! I was going crazy for a least one pic of the baby. Glad to know you made it to WY okay. Keep up the posts...please!
I want to see more of your baby! He is SO cute! Don't feel bad for tkaing drugs, you don't realize how bad it can be till it happens. But for some reason I crave labor and the hospital, how's that for twisted.
ha ha ha becca your so damn funny 'nipples do grow back'
Post a Comment